I have said it before and will keep saying it. All your social media should be designed to get them to your website to make the sale.
Yet I hear it all the time. “I don’t have time to keep up my blog so I just post my pictures to Facebook.” Gaaaaa!
Yes it may be quicker but you are missing so much by taking the easy way out.
- The point of posting your photos to the internet is to show off your work to brides and to get them to book your services.
- There is no bigger planning tool for brides right now than Pinterest.
- Saving a Facebook photo to Pinterest is cumbersome.
- If someone clicks through on an image posted from Facebook, it takes them to your Facebook page, not your website.
- Adding a picture from your website to Pinterest is a 1-click operation and the click-through brings them to your website.
Here is what you should be doing…
Add your content first to your website as a blog post.
Make sure that your images are watermarked* and well optimized for search.
Have your blog set to auto-post to Facebook and Twitter.
Have a Pin It button enabled on your website and use it yourself as soon as the post is published.
How about some “Tools You Can Use”
Creating blog posts on the fly:
I know, you can post straight to Facebook from your phone. Well you can also create and publish blog posts straight to your WordPress blog from your tablet or phone. Here are a couple of apps to get you started.
Watermarking on the fly
Image Watermark A WordPress plugin that allows you to watermark your images right in your blog.
I think that pretty much answers the question of whether you should post to Facebook or your blog
Oh ya, I use blog and website here as interchangeable because if your blog is not an integrated part of your website you are really missing the boat.