Every wedding professional knows that content is king.
To build and keep Google ranking you need to keep adding content to your website, usually via regular blog posts integrated with social media. You know know this, it isn’t news.
So why aren’t you doing it?
Here are the answers I get when I ask that question:
- I don’t know what to write.
- I can’t write.
- It takes me to long to get it perfect.
- I don’t have time.
- No one reads my blog anyway.
For years I have been trying to dispel all of these excuses. Ok, I give up. Maybe you are right.
That doesn’t make it go away. It still has to be done, maybe you just aren’t the right person to do it. You have bigger fish to fry.
Your skills lie elsewhere. You design or plan or bake or cook or capture images or entertain the masses better than any of your competitors. Go with that.
But you still have to keep marketing and today that means your website and social media. If you aren’t the one to do it, who is?
Hire a professional. Isn’t that what you tell your brides?
There are a lot a freelancer writers that can take your content to the next level. It isn’t just that they write professionally, they also understand things like keywords, duplicate content, SEO, good headlines, and how writing for the web is different than what you were taught in school.
Here is a primer on how to outsource your blog and social media.
When you start looking you need to find someone that understands your industry, your target market and will take the time to understand the uniqueness of your individual business.
- You need to be prepared to give them a list of keywords that brides would use to find your business.
- You will need to give them a brief on what you want them to write about. Remember, the content on your blog needs to be specific to what you do, not general.
- Be prepared to send them images of your work and what you want to showcase.
- Be prepared to build a relationship with them.
What to expect in return:
- Well written blog posts that incorporate your keywords and images.
- All the images are optimized for search and social media.
- Catchy headline that also works for social media.
- Post is set to cross populate all your social media.
Yes, this will cost you money. Skill, talent and knowledge doesn’t come cheap. The next time you are spending your Sunday evening pulling your hair out trying to get a blog post up, think about what it would be worth to you to have your feet up and a glass of wine in your hand instead! Then hit me up.
Look for my next post on how to build a relationship with your blogger to get the biggest bang for your buck. Then watch your search rankings soar.